Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Cranberry Pomegrante Orange Ginger Smoothie

This smoothie is pretty simple in ingredients but packs a wallop of flavor. I was in the mood for a tart taste in a smoothie, so I came up with this. I love the color, the tartness of the cranberries with the sweetness of the orange, and the spice of the ginger. If tart isn't your thing, add a little more sweet (more dates or agave).


Cranberry Pomegranate Orange Ginger Smoothie:

1 c. fresh or frozen cranberries
1 1/2 c. fresh or frozen pomegranate seeds
2 large oranges
1 inch knob of ginger
3 medjool dates
(optional: agave to taste)

Blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender. Garnish with orange slice and cranberries. Serves 2.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Susan Rawsome,
    I tried to send a comment yesterday but I'm not sure it went through. I am inspired to be thirsty for your wonderful combinations I am wondering if you could make a list of general ingredients to have on hand. It seems like you often use avocado, dates, ginger and oranges. What else would you consider to be general staples for the smoothie kitchen?
    Thanks,
    Inspired

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I definitely keep avocados, dates, and ginger on hand. I also find lemons, limes, and vanilla seeds to be essential ingredients. Lately I've been using oranges because I bought a big crate of them, but they are a flexible staple. I make use of them when I have them, but substitute other citrus when I don't. I love them combined with mango. My freezer is generally too full of frozen berries. I keep all kinds on hand for a quick smoothie. The other necessary ingredient for me is coconut milk, which is easy to make, but you can buy unsweetened coconut milk if that's easier. Coconut milk, dates, vanilla and a few almonds are an amazing combination. Have fun and let me know how it goes. And thanks for commenting.

    ReplyDelete