Monday, July 1, 2013

Curry Spinach Dip with Jicama Sticks

I needed a quick meal and wanted something crunchy. This light meal could easily be a snack or party appetizer. You could also just chop it all up into a salad. I was in the mood for finger food, so I made it this way. Just a quick, light, summer meal. Nothing fancy, but delightfully tasty and complete with carbs, protein, and healthy fats.






Curry Spinach Dip with Jicama Sticks:

For Dip:

3 c. fresh spinach
1 avocado peeled and pitted
1 lime peeled
2 T. olive oil
2 T. raw tahini
1 T. curry powder
1 red chili pepper
1/2 t. cumin
1 medjool date chopped
sea salt and pepper to taste

Process all ingredients in a high speed blender or food processor.

For Jicama Sticks:

1/2 large jicama
cayenne pepper

Cut jicama into sticks. Sprinkle cayenne pepper over the jicama sticks.

For assembly: Line a plate with any kind of lettuce leaves. I used a mix of red and green Bibb lettuce. Place the jicama sticks around the edges of the plate. Scoop the spinach dip into the center of the plate over the inside edges of the jicama sticks.

Option: You can also roll the jicama sticks into the lettuce leaves and place a few spoonfuls of dip in each roll up. I ate the sticks first with the dip and then used the remaining dip in the lettuce leaves. Of course, one of the many reasons I love raw food is that it is so tactile. A lot of it is finger food or food you can eat with your hands. I don't know what this says about me, but I love to hold food in my hands. A hands on experience, truly.

No comments:

Post a Comment