Friday, July 26, 2013

Orange Jubilee

I loved the taste of Orange Julius when I was a kid, but I hate to think of what was in it back then. I've renamed it to reflect the joy it gives me to taste this flavor again. I've made a few variations over the years, and maybe now I don't even remember what an Orange Julius really tasted like because I love my variations so much more. For me, it's the goldenberries that really kick it over the edge and give me the reminiscent flavor. I've posted a similar recipe before, but this one is relying on fresh squeezed orange juice I had on hand. It hits that sweet nostalgia spot.







Orange Jubilee:

2 c. fresh squeezed orange juice
1 c. coconut milk
1 c. shredded coconut
1 mango
1 T. goldenberry powder or 1/4 c. goldenberries
1 T. coconut butter
1 T. lacuma (optional)
1 t. vanilla bean seeds scraped from the vanilla bean
1 t. tumeric

Blend all ingredients in a high speed blender. This may take awhile because the shredded coconut takes awhile to liquefy. You could also use coconut meat from a young coconut, but these are harder to find than shredded coconut or coconut flakes. The shredded coconut gives it more texture, to be sure, but it will blend well eventually.

Serves 2.  I could easily drink this whole thing, but that much coconut at once probably isn't a good choice. I like my healthy fats, but everything within reason. So share this with someone whose day you want to brighten.

No comments:

Post a Comment