Saturday, September 21, 2013

Shake Your Money Maker

I am performing in a modern dance piece this weekend and needed some quick energy  and stamina to get me through the day.  I remembered a smoothie recipe from Matt Amsden's book, RAWvolution, that was full of great antioxidants and superfoods. He called it "Shake Your Money Maker." I looked it up for inspiration and then made my own version. This smoothie is full of ingredients that will power me through my performance. And I love that it is so aptly titled as I am about to shake it, alright. 



Shake Your Money Maker:

1 c. coconut milk
1 c. spinach
1/2 c. raspberries
4 medjool dates
1/4 c. goji berries
1/2 c. cacao nibs
2 T. cacao powder
1/2 c. hemp seeds
1/4 c. raw almond butter
2 T. mesquite powder
1/2 T. maca powder
1 T. cacao butter
1 T. chia seeds
1 t. vanilla
1 t. cinnamon
1 t. spirulina

Blend all ingredients in a high speed blender until smooth. Garnish with cacao nibs and goji berries. Serves 1-2.









No comments:

Post a Comment