Sunday, September 15, 2013

Tahini Tomato Soup

Another quick meal for a too busy life. I have to work on that. Luckily I love all I do.  This soup can be made in minutes. Basil can be used to replace the pesto. If using basil, I'd also throw in 1/4 pinenuts or walnuts to give that pesto flavor. I used tomatoes, parsley, basil, and chives from my garden. I love being able to walk outside and pick half of the ingredients. Now I'm off to my neighborhood farmer's market to see what's available that I don't grow in my backyard. The market is so close it almost feels like it's in my backyard, and that makes me happy. It's a good day.

  


Tahini Tomato Soup:

4 Roma tomatoes
1 chunk ginger
1/2 c. raw organic tahini
2 t. cumin
1 t. cardamom
1 t. caraway
1 garlic clove
1/4 c. basil pesto (fresh basil will work, too)
1 handful parsley
3 T. olive oil
1 T. Bragg's Amino Acids


Blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender. Garnish with red pepper and chives. Serves 2-3.






No comments:

Post a Comment