Sunday, March 9, 2014

Queen Victoria Market in Melbourne, VIC, Australia

The last market I visited was more of a tourist attraction. Queen Victoria Market is a large market of vendors selling everything from meat to dairy to fruits to nuts to fish, etc. They also had stalls for clothing and other novelty type things, but I stuck to the organic produce area. I prefer smaller neighborhood markets, but while here I did find a booth operated by Loving Earth, a local company that made the raw foods I had been subsisting on while in Australia and New Zealand. It was fun to find them and to talk with the guy behind the table. Tasting their organic raw caramel chocolate was worth the long walk I took to find the place. I'll be trying to reinvent that flavor in my own kitchen. I think I had already tried almost every item shown in these photos during the month I was there, but still I was just happy to let him know how grateful I was to have their raw food available to me.

So to anyone who fancies a trip to either of these countries and wants to eat raw, this is the company to look for. There are others, to be sure, but Loving Earth is the most accessible and plentiful. Organic produce is readily available.  You'll have no trouble eating your way through either country. I just hope you have as much fun as I did doing so.

Queen Victoria Market

Organic produce section of the huge market

The Loving Earth booth is the entire length of photo.

Buckwheat granola, which came in handy for  me.

Raw nuts and dried fruits

More raw chocolate; caramel white chocolate on right



No comments:

Post a Comment