Friday, October 18, 2013

Kiss My Cabbage

Hey, I want to tell you about a great line of raw fermented foods I recently discovered. I was at the Linden Hills Farmer's Market here in Minneapolis and came across this lovely woman named Adrienne Logsdon who makes "Kiss My Cabbage" fermented foods ranging from sauerkraut to kimchi. She uses fermenting crocks (yea!) and doesn't use sugar (double yea!). I sampled all the flavors and loved them all, especially her curry kimchi. She's based out of St. Croix Falls, WI but sells at smaller markets as well. The vegetables are grown on a nearby farm called Burning River Farm in Frederic, WI whenever possible. I really enjoyed talking to Adrienne and greatly appreciated her dedication to pure raw fermented foods. I also love her simple labels that remind me of making potato stamp prints on old grocery bags when I was a kid. Please look her up on Facebook and support her when you see her products. They are tasty and so good for you. I was a little sad that I had already spent all my money on other vegetables, but I spent what I had left on this lemon garlic cabbage. It was the only item for which I still had enough cash.  I would have bought one of everything if I had seen her first. But at least I used some of what I bought to make my own batch of brussel sprout kimchi which is fermenting as we speak. And yes, I use a crock, and no, I don't use sugar.



No comments:

Post a Comment