Friday, September 13, 2013

On a Mission Smoothie

I've been trying to eat more greens lately and sneak them in where I can. Smoothies are an easy place to use up a handful of spinach, kale, lettuce, or chard.  I used spinach in this recipe along with black mission figs and green grapes. I really, really love figs, but they are quite perishable. When I buy them I have to have a plan to use them up quickly. I came across a really good deal on figs, bought a ton, but didn't have my normal plan. So in the smoothies they go. Well, that and simply eating them as they are. That never gets old for me.



On a Mission Smoothie:

1 c. spinach
1 c. black mission figs
1/2 c. green grapes
10 almonds
1 t. maca powder
1/3 c. coconut milk
1 cinnamon stick

Blend all ingredients in a high speed blender. Serves 1-2. 

No comments:

Post a Comment