Sunday, September 29, 2013

Carrot Ginger Soup

This morning is cool and crisp, a whisper of the seasons changing. Fall always makes me want a warm bowl of soup. These days when I crave soup, I just whirl it in the Vitamix for several minutes and let the warmth of the motor running warm the soup. Sometimes I also put it in the dehydrator to warm it up, but the Vitamix warms it pretty fast. It never gets as hot as I used to eat my cooked soup, but it does the trick for me.

Today I made this delicious soup using some fall produce. It's sweet like the carrots and pears that make it up, but it's also a little savory because of some of the spices. A nice combination.

Note:  Keep a tight lid on your blender. Carrots are hard on a blender. I got a dreadlock head-full of carrot soup when my lid worked its way off and my soup landed in my hair.



Carrot Ginger Soup:

5 large carrots chopped
1 cup water
1/2 c. coconut milk
1 pear
1/2 c. shredded coconut
1/4 c. cashews
one large knob of ginger
1 garlic clove
1 t. garam masala
1 t. cinnamon
1 t. allspice
pepper to taste

Blend all ingredients in a high speed blender. Garnish with chives, chive blossoms, and a dollop of almond butter.

I wanted almond butter with this soup. A little on top was enough. Feel free to omit it. It might just have been my daily almond butter craving.

No comments:

Post a Comment