Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Mango Apple Spinach Smoothie:

Here is a green smoothie that is sweetened with frozen mango. This recipe is a modified version of Meredith Baird's "Glorious Green" recipe in her Everday Raw Detox book. The only thing I really changed is a few proportions and adding dates and vanilla.  Not that I can improve on her brilliance, it's just that I have a sweet tooth that I indulge in the best ways possible.  Anything sweet that comes by nature and which hasn't been processed is alright by me.


Mango Apple Spinach Smoothie:
2 c. frozen mango
1 granny smith apple chopped
2 c. spinach
1/2 c. coconut water
1 c. coconut milk
1 lime peeled
1 t. spirulina
2 Medjool dates
1 t. vanilla
pinch of sea salt

Blend all ingredients until smooth. Serves 1-2. 



No comments:

Post a Comment