Friday, July 5, 2013

Cream of Spinach Soup

I made this delicious soup to take on the run. I was going to a movie with a friend over the dinner hour, so I took it along in a mason jar. I shared it with my friend, who liked it very much. He said it packed a punch. I'd say that's true, but I think it's the lemon that made him say it. I love tart, so I used two lemons. Use one if you're not a fan.  This soup is thick, creamy, nutritious, and a lovely shade of green. Good food couldn't be easier.


Cream of Spinach Soup:

1 c. coconut milk
2 stalks celery
1 c. spinach leaves
1/2 avocado
2 T. almond butter
2 lemons
1 T. flax powder
1/2 t. garam masala
1/2 " piece of ginger
1/4 t. cumin
1/4 t. coconut amino acids
1 T. parsley
Sea Salt to taste

Blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender. Garnish with parsley sprigs. Serves two.

No comments:

Post a Comment