Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Iguana Juice

Ok, I'll confess this is not my juice recipe. I used to order this years ago, long before I became a raw foodist, at my local co-op's juice bar. They called it Iguana Juice, presumably because of the color, or maybe because of the lucinato kale looking like lizard skin. I don't really know, but I do know that this is absolutely, without a doubt, my all-time favorite juice combination. I don't know the proportions they used,  I only know the ingredients, so experiment with them yourself. I drink this regularly but never measure. It doesn't seem to matter. It's always great, and it's the one juice combination I never tire of. This juice may have been my gateway into raw food. Beware, it could be addicting.


Iguana Juice:

3-4  c. kale
3-4 apples
2-3  pears
1/4 c. lime juice
a big chunk of ginger

Run all ingredients through a juicer. Enjoy!

You can use all pears in this recipe. I think the original recipe was only pears, but I tend to have more apples on hand than pears so I've gravitated toward a combination. When I do have pears, I make sure to make this, but it works well with just apples, too. Use whatever combination you wish. 



No comments:

Post a Comment