Thursday, July 4, 2013

Almond Butter Fudge

This is an almost constant fixture in my refrigerator. My go-to snack (and all too often quick meal) is apples and almond butter. Anyone who knows me has seen me eat this countless times. Sometimes for variety, I make this quick fudge out of the almond butter. I mix it up in the food processor, put it right back in the almond butter jar, and keep it on hand for a quick spread on apple slices. I've brought this fudge to my regular Saturday morning brunch with fellow dancers, and it's been a big hit. Yesterday I gave some to a friend at work, and she immediately wrote down the recipe. It always gets that kind of enthusiastic response, and it's so easy!  It's great to spread on toast or anything else you'd use almond butter on. Better than Nutella and much healthier.


Almond Butter Fudge:

1 16 oz. jar of raw almond butter
1 c. cacao powder
1/4 c. to 1/3 c. maple syrup
1 t. vanilla
pinch of sea salt

Blend all ingredients in a food processor.

This is my regular recipe, but today I used several drops of liquid vanilla stevia and three dates rather than maple syrup, which isn't raw. Still trying to cut down the processed sugars and opting for naturally occurring ones. It's great either way. Keep it on hand for a quick treat or quick spreadable. It's addicting.

Occasionally I also put in a hot pepper to give it an edge. Call it Mayan Almond Butter Fudge.

No comments:

Post a Comment