Monday, May 27, 2013

Raspberry Almond Smoothie

This is the same recipe as yesterday, but this time I added raspberries instead of cherries. I also added some maca powder to help me with stamina on another long day. I added a little bit of wheat grass powder as well because I believe in the benefits of high chlorophyll foods. Chlorophyll rich foods help supply more oxygen to your cells, and since I'm about to go on a long run, I'll take all the help I can get. Also, wheat grass contains the nutritional equivalent of more than two pounds of vegetables and fruits. It is credited with preventing gray hair and hair loss, relieving constipation, increasing resistance to radiation, accelerating wound healing, and reducing blood pressure. I mean, really, where else can you get that kind of nutrition in so small a dose? Ann Wigmore, the mother of wheatgass, knew what she was talking about.

Tip to the adventurer, when I do my adventure travel, especially when going to altitude, I consume plenty of chlorophyll in liquid oxygen forms and capsule forms. I don't require synthetic altitude drugs by doing this. I tend to do well with altitude anyway, so it may not work for everyone, but it works really well for me.

garnished with cacao nibs

No comments:

Post a Comment