Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Sunshine Smoothie

It's a bright, sunny day here in Minnesota, figuratively and literally. Our state legislature just passed gay marriage yesterday, and Governor Dayton will sign it into law today at 5:00 pm. For awhile there, it was a little embarrassing to be a Minnesotan, but the passage of this law makes me proud to live here again. So to commemorate this bright day in our state's history, I made a sunny smoothie to reflect my happiness.  I love the combination of sweet and tart in this smoothie. The lemon juice and goldenberries give it the tartness, while the fruit and vanilla give it sweetness. I think this might be my all-time favorite smoothie combination. I hope you like it, too.



Sunshine Smoothie:

1/4 c. coconut water
1 c. mango
1 c. pineapple
1 peeled and quartered orange
4 medjool dates
1/4 c. goldenberries
1/4 c. cashews
2 T. lemon juice
2 t. vanilla

Blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender.  If fruit is fresh, you might want to throw in a few ice cubes for fluffiness.  Using frozen fruit doesn't require the ice cubes. Blend until smooth. Serves two.

No comments:

Post a Comment