Sunday, May 19, 2013

Ginger Tahini Dressing or Dipping Sauce

I have a habit of pushing myself pretty hard, sometimes to the point of low blood sugar. This happened again last night, and I needed to make myself something quickly that would keep me from plummeting. Protein is usually the best bet for me. So I made a quick ginger tahini dipping sauce that I ate with celery and some raw crackers. It did the trick. This recipe works well for a salad dressing, too. Just add a little bit more water to make it less thick, and voila.

Ginger Tahini Dipping Sauce

1/2 c. raw tahini
2 T. apple cider vinegar
2 T. lemon juice
2 T. water
2 T. chopped green onion
1 clove garlic
1 t. zatar seasoning ( a mix of thyme and sesame seeds)
2 t. coconut nectar
garnish with salt and pepper if desired

Blend all ingredients in a high speed blender and texture is smooth and creamy. Serve with a vegetable tray or crackers.

I didn't add salt to the recipe because I knew I was eating it with celery, which is already salty. Feel free to add salt into the mix before blending.


1 comment:

  1. This looks delicious as does many of the other recipes you made available on your blog. Definately going to try some. thanks Susan.

    ReplyDelete