Sunday, May 26, 2013

Cherry Almond Smoothie

It's been a really busy week and finding time to make food has been harder to do. On weeks like these I end up blending many of my meals. Smoothies, juices, and cold soups are quick, satisfying, and easy to take on the run.  I have one more really busy week, so expect a few more smoothie combinations.

Cherry Almond Smoothie:

1 c. unsweetened coconut milk
1/2 c. raw almond butter or raw almonds
1 c. fresh or frozen cherries
5 medjool dates
2 T. chia seeds
1 t. vanilla

Blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender. Serves two.

Try other berries in this smoothie for variation. All taste great. You can even omit the berries and enjoy a delicious coconut almond smoothie. which is often my go-to because I seem to always have the ingredients on hand. Packed with antioxidants, protein, and omegas, you'll be getting nutrition in something that tastes like dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment