Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Cilantro Pineapple Orange Carrot Smoothie

This was my breakfast this morning. I was feeling the need for cilantro because it is a great chelator that helps pull toxins from the liver. It's especially good for pulling heavy metal toxins from the body. Maybe it's that spring cleaning feeling in the air, but I wanted something clean and detoxifying. I love the flavor of vanilla in this smoothie. It's a surprise taste that transforms this healthy smoothie into dessert, and you know by now how much I love dessert.

Smoothie:

1/2 c. coconut water (filtered water will work as well)
2 oranges peeled
2 c. pineapple
2 small carrots
1 bunch cilantro
vanilla stevia extract to taste

Blend all ingredients and enjoy. This makes enough for two.

If you don't have the liquid stevia, you can also substitute vanilla seeds and some powdered stevia, or use 2 dates and vanilla seeds. I used frozen pineapple, which helped give the smoothie its frostiness. If using fresh pineapple, throw in a few ice cubes to fluff it up into a thicker smoothie.

No comments:

Post a Comment