Monday, May 6, 2013

Rosewater Cream and Chocolate Baskets




I got a new candy mold really cheap, and I was excited to try to make a chocolate basket. The baskets turned out pretty well. I made them using 1/2 c. cacao power, 1/4 c. coconut butter, 1/4 c. cacao paste, 3 T. cacao powder, and 2 T. agave. I also added some cinnamon into the chocolate, which gave it a really smooth flavor.

I filled these baskets with a cashew rosewater nut cream. I can think of lots of possibilities for fillings, but this was my mood for today. I blended 1/2 c. soaked cashews with 1 T. agave, 1 t. vanilla and 1 drop rosewater. The rosewater gives it a light flavor of rose, but be careful, too much gets overpowering quickly. You don't want these candies smelling like your grandmother's lingerie drawer sachet. Is it just me that associates the smell or rose or lavender with grandmothers? Probably. My nieces would associate their grandmother with Chanel No. 5.

I think next I'll try an almond butter cup and cover it with more chocolate, sort of like a Reese Peanut Butter Cup but so much better. Then maybe just a good old vanilla creme. Or maybe a hazelnut creme. And maybe raw caramel. Like I said, so many possibilities.

I had some leftover chocolate, so I poured it into another candy mold to make these sweet noshes.

No comments:

Post a Comment