Thursday, May 9, 2013

Lemon Chia Cookies and Bundt Cake


 








I played around with an almond flour and shredded coconut cake base and filled it in a mini silicone bundt pan. I was envisioning a lemon glaze drizzling down the sides of the little cakes. These look more like donuts in the picture, but they do have a bundt cake shape. I had extra dough, so I used an ice cream scoop to make smaller cookies that I also dipped into glaze. The cake is good to serve to guests. The cookies are good for snacks.

These pics now make me want to make donuts.


Lemon Chia Bundt Cake:
  
Cake:
3 c. almond flour (grind almonds in a Vita-mix for the flour)
4 c. shredded coconut
3/4 c. chia seeds
1 c. lemon juice
1/2 c.  agave
1/2 c. coconut oil in liquid form
1/4 c. coconut butter softened in dehydrator or by double boiler method
1 T. vanilla

Mix the almond flour with the shredded coconut and chia seeds in a large bowl. Whisk together in a smaller bowl the remaining ingredients. Pour the liquid mix into the flour/coconut mix and thoroughly incorporate. Pour into mini silicone bundt cake molds or form into small cookies using an ice cream scoop. Dehydrate at 105 degrees for approximately six hours.

Glaze:
1/4 c. coconut butter softened
1/3 c Navitas Naturals Cacao Power in liquid form
1/4 c. agave
1/4 c. lemon juice
2 t. vanilla

Whisk or blend all ingredients together. Pour over dehydrated cake or dip cookies into glaze. Refrigerate until the glaze has hardened, approximately thirty to forty minutes.

This recipe makes a lot, so feel free to cut it in half. The end result will still be delicious. I had so much that I had to call my best friend to come get some cake and cookies for her weekly treats. It's good to have friends who'll help you out.


No comments:

Post a Comment