Friday, May 3, 2013

Lemon Avocado Pudding

This is my go-to quick sweet fix. I was never a pudding lover as a child, but this pudding thrills me. It is quick, easy, and delightfully fluffy. Today I had it for breakfast. Why not? It's only avocados, lemon juice, dates and vanilla. Beats all conventional breakfast foods in nutrition and taste, if you ask me.


Lemon Avocado Pudding:

2 avocados
5 dates
1/4 c. to 1/3 c. lemon juice
1 t. vanilla

Blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender or food processor.  Serve and enjoy.

Note:  The dates can be soaked prior to making this pudding. They will be easier to blend, and the water can be used to aid the blending.  If you don't blend the dates, it will just take more tamping down the mixture in the blender. The Vitamix does a great job on the dates, but it takes awhile.

Also, depending on your tastes, adjust the lemon juice up or down. I really love tart and sweet at the same time, so I use a lot. The same goes for the vanilla. I use Ojio Raw Wildcrafted Ground Vanilla, which is quite strong. If I used vanilla extract, I'd probably use more than one teaspoon. Taste as you blend and adjust accordingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment