Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Zucchini Pasta Soup

I'm still on a soup kick. I just love the ease of them. It's so simple to blend a bunch of vegetables. I just throw them in the blender without all the chopping that making an actual dish requires. I love doing food prep, but sometimes it's great to know I can still eat really well even when I'm super busy. And the easy digestibility of raw soups gives me the energy to keep going. No after lunch slump!







Zucchini Pasta Soup:

3 zucchini (use 2 in the blender and one for pasta)
2 stalks celery
1/2 red pepper
1 c. corn kernels
1 lemon
one handful chives ( I just grabbed them from the garden)
1 clove garlic

Blend two of the zucchini and all other ingredients in a high speed blender.  Spiralize the remaining zucchini into noodles. Pour soup into two small bowls. Spoon in the zucchini noodles. Garnish with chive blossoms.

I didn't salt this soup because I find celery salty enough. Feel free to salt and pepper it. I also think it would be good with a hot pepper to give it more warmth. Or even a little tahini for thickness and protein. I wanted it light today, so I didn't use the tahini, but I wanted to.

If you don't have a spiralizer, just throw all the zucchini in the blender for a liquid soup. The taste will be basically the same. I just like the noodles for texture and for their slurpiness.  Who doesn't like to slurp noodles?


No comments:

Post a Comment