Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Papaya Pineapple Smoothie

After that raspberry tart and lemon meringue pie, I have to clean it up a bit. So I'm back to smoothies and juices and raw soups. The smoothies I make are plenty sweet to satisfy that sweet tooth, but they help me stay away from agave, which I like to use in moderation. I'm more comfortable with foods in their natural forms, so dates are my preferred sweetener. So for awhile, I'm going to stay away from agave. That means more fruit for me because honestly, my sweet tooth begs to be satisfied. I try to satisfy it with the healthiest options available. And any food in its pure form is alright by me.



Papaya Pineapple Smoothie:

1 papaya seeded
1/2 c. pineapple
1/2 c. cantaloupe juice or 1/4 c. cantaloupe chunks
1/2 c. orange juice or 1 orange
1/2 c. shredded coconut
a few drops of vanilla liquid stevia

Blend all ingredients in a high speed blender. Serves 2,

A handful of cacao nibs is also surprisingly good in this smoothie. Try it!

Also, I keep the papaya seeds and dehydrate them until they resemble peppercorns. Then I use them as peppercorns in my peppermill.They take a few days to dehydrate, so watch for them soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment