Thursday, June 27, 2013

Spinach Grape Smoothie

In full disclosure, I made a ton of things after my power outage a few days ago. Most of the posts of the last week were all made the day I got my power back in the attempt to save the food. I've just been holding  the posts in a queue since I made so much at once. Here is another smoothie recipe made during that time. It has an interesting flavor that I like. Sweet and tart. Fruit and vegetables. Green and purple.





Spinach Grape Smoothie:

1 c. hazelnut milk
2 c. spinach
1 c. red grapes
1/4 c. chia seed powder or 1 banana
1 lime

Blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender.

Note: I don't use bananas because I have an adverse reaction to them. I find that chia seed powder can resemble the flavor of bananas in smoothies. The chia seeds don't do this, but the powder works well. You can substitute a banana or you can use chia seeds for thickness. Chia seed powder combines the benefits of the two.

No comments:

Post a Comment