Thursday, June 20, 2013

Lime Carrot Pasta

I have a ten pound bag of carrots begging to be transformed into something lovely. I chose to make pasta out of the carrots because the orange swirls please my fancy. Making noodles is more time consuming than just cutting the carrots into slices, but the end result is so worth it. In this pasta salad, I used arugula to add some bitter in contrast to the sweetness of the carrots. I made Thai flavored sauce that went well with the combination. Light, easy, beautiful.



Lime Carrot Pasta:

4 large carrots spiralized in a spiralizer
3 c. arugula
 2 limes squeezed over the carrots and arugula to keep carrots  bright orange while making the sauce

Tahini Black Sesame Sauce:

1/2 c. raw organic tahini
1/4 c. fresh squeezed lime juice
1 c. water
1 T. white miso
1/2 to 1 jalapeno diced
2 T. black sesame seeds or powder
Himalayan sea salt

Blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender. Pour over the pasta salad. Garnish with cilantro and crushed cashews.

I wanted currants in this salad for some reason. I don't even like currants, but that's mostly because I don't like them cooked in things.  Fresh currant in a salad is alright by me. I thought the color would also be a nice contrast. But since I don't like them, I didn't have them. Food for thought....

This salad makes a lot. My carrots were huge, and four would feed about four people. The sauce also makes a lot. I'd say it was about a cup and a half of dressing. Use any extra dressing as a kale chip dressing or a salad dressing. It's actually a pretty good dip for vegetables, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment