Friday, June 7, 2013

Favorite Documentaries About Food

I have a friend who once gave me a great documentary called "Healing Cancer" because he knew I was interested in Max Gerson's work and in good, pure food. Since then we've talked food and sustainable agriculture. He recently asked me for a list of my favorite documentaries, so I thought it might be of interest to my blog readers. I'm including documentaries that I gave four or five stars on my Netflix rating. I've seen pretty much everything, but these are my top ones. I think I've seen all of them on Netflix, but my friend has been finding them at the library. I love the library. It's amazing how much you can find there. My library request list is almost always full. So check them out. Literally.

Food Matters
Food, Inc.
Forks Over Knives
Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead
Ted Talks: Chew on This
Food Beware: The French Organic Revolution
Hempsters: Plant the Seed
Vanishing of the Bees
Dirt! The Movie
Vegucated
Food Fight
Hungry for Change
Dive!
Queen of the Sun


Other films I liked but would only give three stars:

Ted Talks: Matthew Kenney
The Botany of Desire
Save the Farm
Dying to Have Known
The Engine 2 Kitchen Rescue
King Corn

I also recommend "Chasing Ice" as an education on global warming as it relates to disappearing glaciers around the world. It isn't about food or farming, but it relates to our environment and the ecological destruction going on around us. Everything is related.  I give it five stars.

Maybe I'll watch all of these again and give a review for each one and why I loved or liked it. I love talking food politics, so let me know what your favorite films are and why. Talk to me about food!



No comments:

Post a Comment