Sunday, June 23, 2013

Watermelon Rehydrator

With so much watermelon left over from making the meal for my family, I had to use up the rest. I came up with this drink that my mom really liked. I could have juiced all the ingredients but didn't have a juicer available, so I blended them all into this delightfully refreshing drink. It was perfect after my thirty plus mile bike ride with another brother. Watermelon has a high water and sugar content, but in this circumstance, it was exactly what I needed to replace the electrolytes I lost on the ride. Interesting combination of ingredients, to be sure, but don't be frightened off by them. It's truly delicious.



Watermelon Rehydrator:

6 c. watermelon (this was about one half of a large round watermelon)
1 c. green grapes
1/4 c. lime juice
1 inch knob of ginger (my mom freezes hers and then the skin just peels off)
1/4 large jalapeno (or 1/2 small)
handful of mint

Blend all ingredients in a high speed blender. Garnish with mint. Be prepared for the energy it gives you. Serves 4-5.

1 comment:

  1. I made this for my husband and I yesterday afternoon....delicious!!! I reconstituted a dehydrated jalapano and probably overdid it a bit. Got a Big pile of laundry done afterwards....energy from the drink??? :)

    ReplyDelete