Monday, June 24, 2013

Watermelon and Grapefruit Spritzer

While I was visiting my mom there was a big, big storm in Minneapolis. The devastation was pretty severe. Huge trees are down everywhere. I send blessings to those affected. Luckily for me I only lost power for about eighteen hours. That's nothing compared to a tree in your living room. But I did have a refrigerator and freezer completely packed with food quickly thawing. So what is a gal to do but get busy juicing and dehydrating what she can before it all goes to waste. Here is one of those mad attempts to save what I could. Feel free to cut recipe in half.


Watermelon and Grapefruit Spritzer:

2 small seedless watermelons
2 1/2 grapefruits
2 small red chili peppers (I put dried ones in with the grapefruit as I juiced)
2 limes
1 big knob of ginger

Run all ingredients through the juicer. Either drink the juice as is or add sparkling water for the spritzer. It tastes like punch. Garnish with lime.

I have one of those machines that can carbonate tap water. I generally haven't been a fan of carbonated water, but since I got that machine, I've been having a great time making spritzer drinks. This juice is good either way.

No comments:

Post a Comment