Monday, June 17, 2013

Coconut Curry Soup


It's a rainy, cold day in June. That's becoming all too common in Minnesota. Our April showers now show up in June, and summer hardly comes at all. It's looking like Portland, OR here these days, which is not a bad thing. I love Portland. Always wanted to live there. Now I kind of do.

On cold days there is nothing like a hot soup. Except in the raw world soups aren't hot. At best they are warmed by letting the heat of the blender do the work. So that's what I did today. I made a spicy Thai soup, let it warm up in the blender, and  then it warmed my throat and belly. It was perfect. Quick, easy, and satisfying. Now for a nap on my porch while it rains.



Coconut Curry Soup:

1 c. water
1/2 c. shredded coconut
1/2 chopped red bell pepper
1 inch of ginger chopped
2 T. coconut aminos
1/4 t. chili powder
1/4 t. curry powder
1  small jalapeno pepper
2 T. white miso
1 lime
 black pepper and sea salt to taste

Blend  all ingredients in a high-speed blender. Garnish with 1 T. chopped red bell pepper and a few sprigs of cilantro. If your soup is too spicy, add a little coconut milk to cool it down. I like it hot. You can also omit the jalapeno. Let the blender run for a few minutes to warm the soup. Serve immediately.

This made one big mug of soup. Perfect for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment