Wednesday, April 17, 2013



These are my favorite snack to keep on hand. It's also pretty popular with some of my friends. I don't have an exact recipe for these seaweed bites because it's different every time. I juice quite often and use the leftover vegetable pulp to make these.  The pulp can vary with the juice choice of the day. This pulp was carrot, kale, beet, and lettuce. I mix the pulp of the day with some kind of seed, usually about 1 c. sunflower seed or pumpkin seed (or a mix of the two). Sometimes I use 2 cups if I really have a lot of pulp. Today I was out of seeds, so I used walnuts. Then I add a splash of coconut aminos, some lemon juice, a few dried cayenne peppers, a little sea salt,  and any other seasoning I might be in the mood for. Then I cut up strips of raw nori along the cut marks on the nori, then into about 2 inch long sections. I top the nori with the vegetable/seed mixture, put them on a dehydrator sheet and dehydrate at 105 degrees until crisp. I usually make these at night, and they're done by morning. I guess it's about twelve hours. They are a great way to get your vegetables and your seaweed in a chewy, spicy little bite. This inexact recipe makes quite a few seaweed bites. This batch used up four trays. It's a great to use up every bit of the vegetables. That leftove pulp always made me feel wasteful. Now it's transformed into juice and crackers. What could be better?

1 comment:

  1. Sounds wonderful! Makes me really want to get a dehydrator!

    ReplyDelete