Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Avocado Mint Smoothie Take 2

This morning I tried the avocado mint smoothie again with spinach and fresh mint. I adjusted the SweetlyRaw recipe to my taste. The color was definitely better, but the taste wasn't too different than my first recipe. The color improved because I didn't put the cacao nibs in the blender.This time I just sprinkled them on top, but I like the taste of them mixed into the smoothie. Color versus taste, I guess. The fresh mint was spearmint, and I think I prefer peppermint, but that's a personal bias.

Minnesota got another fresh snowfall on April 23. Seems every time I make this smoothie, it snows.  If I want spring to finally arrive, I might have to come up with a new recipe.

See what you think about this version. Let me know the verdict.





1 c. coconut milk
1 c. spinach 
1/4 c. shredded coconut
1 avocado
4 medjool dates
2 T. fresh  mint
2 T. chia powder
1 T. vanilla
8 ice cubes

Blend in a high powered blender. Pour into a glass and top with cacao nibs if desired.


1 comment: