Tuesday, December 17, 2013

No Chicken Noodle Soup

People often ask me how I eat raw during cold Minnesota winters. I admit, sometimes it isn't easy. Sometimes nothing would feel better than having my hands around a warm bowl of soup. Usually you'll find my hands around a warm cup of tea, instead, but every once in awhile I do crave a bowl of soup. This was one of those days. It's unusually cold in Minneapolis right now, and I wanted the comfort of warmth. My solution was this soup that looked a lot like chicken noodle soup but was a healthier version using daikon noodles as the pasta. Warmed in the dehydrator, it did the trick.


No Chicken Noodle Soup: 
For veggies:
 2 c. spiralized diakon noodles
2 large carrots chopped
1/2 c. chopped green cabbage
1 T. chopped jalapeno for garnish

Broth:
3 c. warm water
2 heaping T. white garbanzo miso
3 limes
1 clove garlic 
1 jalapeno

Blend broth ingredients in a Vitamix for several minutes so that the power of the blender warms the broth. Pour over noodles. Serve immediately for a warm soup. Alternately, warm the soup in a dehydrator until it is your desired temperature. If staying true to raw is important to you, then warm at about 118 degrees or lower.


No comments:

Post a Comment