Sunday, August 4, 2013

Raw Savory Pizza

Usually I feel the need to cleanse after I return from a trip aboad, but not this time. I ate so well that I was only inspired to make even more beautiful food when I got home. I walked through Italy for two days, and it made me start thinking of pizza. By the time I got home, I had the craving, so I made two different crusts. One is for a savory pizza, the other is for a breakfast pizza. I have to say that though Switzerland is known for their chocolate, I couldn't find any I would eat, so I had to make a chocolate breakfast pizza when I got home to satisfy my chocolate sweet tooth. Today's post is of the savory pizza. Look for the chocolate breakfast pizza tomorrow.






Pizza Crust:

2 c. soaked and sprouted buckwheat
1 c. ground flax seed
1 green bell pepper
1/2 c. basil
14 c. parsley
2 jalapenos
3 T. Bragg's Liquid Aminos or Coconut Aminos or Namu Shoyu
3 T. extra virgin olive oil
1 T. nutritional yeast
Himalayan sea salt to taste
Pepper to taste

Blend all ingredients in a food processor until a dough like consistency is achieved. Spread onto a Teflex dehydrator sheet and dehydrate at 105 degrees until crisp. This is an indirect science depending on how full the dehydrator is but usually takes about eight hours. Flip the dough about halfway through and peel off the Teflex. Continue to dry until the crust is a cracker-like consistency.

I was using things that were fresh in the garden, which is why this recipe uses green bell peppers, jalapenos, basil and parsley. 

Cashew Cheese:

1 c. soaked cashews
1/4 c. nutritional yeast
juice of 1 lemon
Sea Salt with dulse pieces

Blend all ingredients in a food processor until smooth.

Sun-Dried Tomato Pizza Topping:

3 c. sun-dried tomatoes soaked in water
1/2 c. kalamata olives
2 T. apple cider vinegar
1 deglet date
1 t. cinnamon
1 t. mustard
1 teaspoon turmeric
Himalayan sea salt to taste

Drain tomatoes from soak water. Pulse all ingredients except soak water in a food processor. Mixture should still be chunky, but a small amount of tomato soak water can be added to aid mixing.

Assembly:

Spread cheese onto pizza crust. Crumble sun-dried tomato topping onto cheese. Add basil leaves, red pepper pieces, and capers. Serve with a green salad with the following green goddess dressing.

Green Goddess Dressing: 

1/2 c. tahini
1 avocado
juice of one lemon
1 T. miso
2 T. sesame oil
1 to 2 jalapeno pepper
1/2 to 1 c. water to thin dressing

Blend all ingredients in a blender. Dress greens with the dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment