Saturday, November 16, 2013

I had seven friends over for brunch today because I needed to fill my house with life and laughter. These were the gals for the job. I can always count on them to make me laugh deep belly laughs.  I spent the week making a raw spread that will be showing up in these blog posts for awhile. I'll show pics of the whole table in this post, but you'll see the individual items in subsequent posts. On the menu were savory crepes with a tomato/portobello/spinach filling, a 'tofu' scrambler, a sweet banana/coconut crepe with a berry filling, apple turnovers with a fruit filling, a mushroom/spinach quiche, a spinach/tomato quiche, blueberry pancakes, cinnamon rolls, and a green salad. I also made fresh squeezed grapefruit juice and a cranberry/pear/lime juice. Along with the bottle of champagne brought by one of my friends, we ate and drank heartily while talking about everything under the sun for about four hours. It was almost time to eat again at that point.

I love these women, and I am so grateful for their encouragement and their appreciation for my food. They give me so much. They're my lifeline. So thank you, my friends, for coming over and making me feel happy to be here once again.  And for understanding me and 'getting' what I've got going on over here.  You top my gratitude list every day.

 Life is so good with good food and good friends.






No comments:

Post a Comment