Sunday, January 5, 2014

Mystery Crackers

 I can't tell you what's in these crackers because I really can't remember all of the ingredients. Basically I juiced a bunch of different concoctions and was careful to cut off stems and take out seeds. I wasn't sure if I wanted the pulp for something or not, so I took these precautions just in case. When I was finished juicing the pulp was so beautiful and full of color that I decided to experiment with making a cracker. I can say for sure that the pulp contained a pear, tomatoes, fennel, orange, lemon, lime, cranberries, cilantro, carrot, and some jalapenos. I can't say what I might have forgotten. From that I added the cracker base and threw it in the dehydrator.

A friend who shares my interest in health gave me a free sample of a raw cheese she received. I paired the crackers with the cheese and was delighted with the combination of savory/sweet cracker and savory cheese.  Keep an eye out for this cheese in your local food co-op. It's really tasty and would go well with any kind of cracker. You could also make this kind of cheese yourself, but hey, let's support like-minded entrepreneurs so we can take back our current food-like substance culture. I appreciate people who are trying to get us back on track by eating real food. So I say thanks to the folks at Treeline Cheese. They make a great product.





Crackers:
2 1/2 c. almonds coarsely chopped
1 c. flax meal
3 c. juice pulp
1/2 coconut water
1/4 c. lemon juice
2 T. flax oil
1 T. wheat free tamari

Mix all ingredients by hand in a large bowl. Spread onto Teflex lined dehydrator sheets. Score into desired cracker shapes. Dehydrate at 105 degrees until crisp. Gently break or cut apart the crackers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment