Sunday, January 5, 2014

Cinnamon Raisin Toast:

I absolutely love the way this toast recipe turned out. I really felt like I was eating warm toast, and it's been a long, long time since I've eaten that kind of comfort food. This recipe will become a staple in my repetoire. Of course, I paired it with my favorite chocolate almond butter and topped it with a few pear slices and then sprinkled it with cinnamon. I was really happy with the result. I hope you like it, too.



Cinnamon Raisin Toast:
2 c. almonds ground into flour
1 c. sunflower seeds ground into flour
1 c. flaxmeal
1 c. pureed zucchini
2 c. chopped carrots
2 small apples chopped
3 dates
1 T. cinnamon
5 drops vanilla stevia
1 c. raisins

Puree zucchini, carrots, and apples in the food processor. Add dates, cinnamon, and vanilla stevia to puree. Fold in the nuts, seeds and flax meal until a dough-like consistency has formed. Fold in raisins. Spread dough onto a Teflex line dehydrator sheet. Cover with another Teflex sheet and roll out into a large rectangle about 1/4" thick using a rolling pin. Remove top Teflex sheet. Score into rectangles. Dehydrate at 105 degrees for about eight hours, flipping at about halfway. Toast should still be a little soft.

Chocolate Almond Butter:
16 oz. raw almond butter
3 T. raw cacao powder
10 drops liquid vanilla stevia

Stir raw cacao powder and stevia into raw almond butter.

Assembly:
Spread toast with chocolate almond butter. Top with two slices of pair. Sprinkle with cinnamon.

No comments:

Post a Comment